Information That ASUS Collect and How ASUS Use It
You can log on, place an order, request support service or register with us when you visit/use our service (hereinafter referred to as “SERVICE”), it is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, ASUS may ask you to provide us with certain information including your personal information to perform the SERVICE as identified below:
* We may ask you for your first and last name, mailing/shipping address (including zip code), e-mail address, telephone and facsimile number, and other personally identifiable information:
- to fulfill registration process, technical support, upgrade, discount, payment, shipment and ASUS obligations under any sale and purchase contract or other benefits that may be made available to registered users, when you register, purchase or download our product or SERVICE.
- to send marketing information about our products, services and other special offers to you if you choose to regularly receive such information. You may unsubscribe at any time. Subscription to this service is optional and free.
- to qualify the entry and to contact you regarding the event or prize awards if you enter an event.
- to customize our support services to your personal needs.
- to respond to your inquiries when you submit feedback or questions via e-mail, or contact us for information about our SERVICE.
- to complete surveys to be used for customer satisfaction analysis.
- to provide and improve our products and SERVICE, to obtain customer feedback and to analysis user experience.
* We may collect your device data such as device model/serial number, standby status, crash history, preferred interface, language settings, frequently used software information, the software function usage behavior:
- to provide you with better services, enhance user experience, and continuously discover problems to improve performance.
- to obtain customer feedback and to analysis user experience.
WE will not use or transfer to third parties your personal information for any unrelated purposes, unless and to the extent it is required by applicable laws or regulations or the competent governmental or judicial authorities, necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense, or necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities.
WE will in particular not sell or market your personal information to any third parties.We will cease using your personal information held by us once the personal information is no longer required for ASUS to carry out the purpose for which the personal information was intended to be used.
Transfer of Personal Information to Different Locations
We take precautions to protect your personal information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. These include internal reviews of our personal information collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your personal information.
Transmission of personal information between different locations of ASUS affiliated companies is performed through our secured wide area network. When you submit personal information via the SERVICE, your information is protected both online and offline.
However, ASUS cannot guarantee a perfect security on the internet. When using the internet, we recommended that you use alphanumerical usernames and passwords and change your passwords on a regular basis, as well as keep your computer up to date by applying the latest available security updates for your software and using such tools as virus/spyware scanners.
How You Can Access Your Information
We want to help you keep your personal information accurate. You may view and change your registration information by logging in and editing your account settings on the SERVICE. For the security of your account, you will be required to sign in with your login ID and password.For further inquiries about personal information ASUS stores about you, kindly contact us through the email address mentioned in below section “Contacting Us”.
Additional Information Concerning Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children without their parent’s or guardian’s consent. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests while using the SERVICE.
If you are a child, please seek and verify your parent’s or guardian’s consent. Only after we verify your parent’s or guardian’s consent, you may submit personal information to us. Your parent or guardian can revoke any consent previously given.
Sensitive Personal Information
ASUS will never ask you to provide sensitive personal information such as information about your medical or health record, political or religious beliefs, criminal offences alleged or committed criminal conviction background, sexual orientation, sexual life or genetic information. Please refrain from providing us with such information.
Links to Third Party Web Sites and Service
This SERVICE may contain Google Service such as AdWords, Google Analytics and Display Advertising(including Remarketing、Google Display Network Impression Reporting、the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting)( collectively referred to as “Google Service”). ASUS only use your information, such as age, gender and interests, which is collected by Google Service, in an aggregated form for the purposes of SERVICE analysis anonymously. Moreover, we may show your favorable items on sites across the internet when we learn more about your internet browsing habit through Google Service.
You may refuse the use of AdWords, Google Analytics and Display Advertising by visiting https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
Legal Compliance Department
Legal Affairs Center
15, Li-Te Rd.,
Updated April 01, 2014 by ASUS Legal Affairs Center